Arden Energy specialises in major construction and infrastructure projects in the energy and utility sectors, particularly the power, water and gas sectors.
The company is run by John Hunter who has extensive experience of the development and negotiation of major projects through to financial close and the negotiation of major construction contracts. John has a number of years experience employed in the power sector and latterly as an independent consultant and has led, or been directly involved in, successful projects in the UK, Portugal, Hungary and Indonesia.
Areas of expertise are:-
- International project development from business case through to legal and financial close, acting as Project Director or as a specialist adviser
- Negotiation of Power Purchase Agreements and other project agreements including Gas Supply contracts and O&M contracts
- International project finance deals, with experience of new financings and restructuring existing finance contracts
- UK PFI contracts, with direct experience of a major PFI contract in the water sector
- Procurement management and the negotiation and placement of major construction / EPC contracts
- Contract administration and dispute resolution, with experience of the mediation process and successful dispute resolution
- Due diligence work in support of asset acquisition
- Asset management acting as shareholder representative